Replacing Your Old Air Conditioner or Building a New Home?
The entire installation must comply- with all
These requirements pertain to the system's, sizing, design and installation.
The efficiency rating- must have a SEER rating of at least 13 SEER or more.
It is recommended by Penguin Air to install a R-410A refrigerant air conditioning system because in todays US or world Air conditioning market R-22 refrigerant is the most commonly sold and installed air conditioning system. However, as of 2010 R-22 refrigerant systems will no longer by available or manufactured, replacement parts only will be available and the cost for these parts are already increasing as the year 2010 approaches. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is slowly doing away with air conditioners that spout hydrocarbons R-22 refrigerant, which deplete the ozone layer. The EPA agency has stablished as of 2010 banning manufacturers from making units with a refrigerant known as R-22, commonly used to cool residential and commercial spaces.
Hard start kits are recommended for systems with a cooling capacity of 48,000 BTUH (4 Ton systems) or more approved by the manufacturer.
The A/C filter must be easily accessible and the location shown to the homebuyer.
Things you should know:
Rather than replace a system with one of the same energy efficiency we can encourage the use of higher efficiency equipment. In addition the system can have many added features that ensure increased comfort, safety and durability in addition to reduced energy use.
- Improved room airflow for more uniform temperatures in a room.
- Digital thermostats, for example programmable thermostat installation to keep better temperature control.
- Humidistat installation provides comfort for humid climates.
- For Florida air conditioning systems is important to have a humidistat installed for those customers whom don't reside all year round.
- variable speed air handlers, are quieter and higher efficient.
- Most air-conditioners and heat pumps sold use a refrigerant called R-22. Emissions of R-22 are considered by some experts to be a significant factor in depleting the ozone layer that protects animals and people from harmful rays from the sun. Families now have the choice to ask for an a/c air conditioner or heat pump that uses a more efficient and environmentally friendlier refrigerant called R-410A when buying a new system for their home. Selecting R-410A you eliminate the possibility that refrigerant leaking from your system might contribute to the hole in the ozone layer.
- large noise reduction, they run much quieter today keeping the peace with your neighbours, some models come with a sound blanket to reduce sound decibel (dB) even lower. some cities hold a strict rule about noisy a/c systems, contact us to inquire about your Free estimate. For example, Naples air conditioning systems decibel (dB) level should not exceed 60(dB) of the property line.
- accessories such as uv lights are very important to improve the air quality of your home ultraviolet lights also help keep coils clean preventing bacterial growth build up in the coil fins.